HLR Lookup - Reduce costs with CardBoardFish HLR Lookup by cleaning up your mobile number lists. HLR Lookup provides a complete solution to the problem of poor quality mobile number lists and the need to identify ported numbers in a number database. This tool identifies invalid numbers, numbers which are experiencing a temporary problem preventing them from receiving SMS, and can also determine whether a number has been ported to another network.
- Identifies invalid mobile numbers, current mobile network, whether the number has been switched off for a long time, and the country the subscriber is located in
- Easy to use web interface - just enter individual numbers or upload a list of numbers and get results back instantly
- HTTP API available for integration with your applications
- Choose to have results sent back to the web interface, HTTP URL, or email
- CSV export of results available for viewing in a spreadsheet or database
- Instant activation
This service works by querying the mobile network's Home Location Register (HLR) for information about each mobile number. The following information may be available dependent on customer requirements:
- The country and mobile network name that the number currently belongs to.
- The Mobile Country Code (MCC) and Mobile Network Code (MNC) for the current network.
- An indication as to whether the number has been ported from one network to another.
- The name of the original network that a mobile number belonged to when it was first registered.
- Identification of invalid numbers due to the number never being registered or the number being deactivated (Unknown Subscriber).
- Identification of temporary errors that would prevent immediate SMS delivery (e.g. Absent Subscriber that arises if the mobile phone is turned off or out of coverage for an extended period of time).
- Identification of the current network even if a temporary error (such as absent subscriber) is returned.
- The MSC address that currently serves the mobile number, useful for identifying numbers roaming in another country. The foreign network that the number is logged onto can also be identified using this data.
Please note: Accurate HLR data cannot be retrieved for mobile numbers in Brazil, Canada and the USA so number validation is not possible. Regularly updated Mobile Number Portability (MNP) databases are queried instead of performing HLR queries for these 3 countries purely for the purposes of network identification.
HLR Lookup attracts no setup fee as detailed below:
* Existing Aggregator & Operator and Large SMS customers can log in to their account and add the HLR Lookup service to their account instantly with no set up fees. New customers can create an account here and add the service once they have deposited credit. Volume discounts are available, please contact sales if your requirement is above 50,000 requests per month on average for more information.
** Prices exclusive of VAT, charged where applicable at 20%